UPDATED November 30, 2020
In May 2020, InsulTech was notified that a small number of employees at our Yuma, AZ plant had tested positive for Covid 19. These employees followed quarantine protocols and recovered, eventually returning to work if they chose to do so. From June until November, InsulTech had no known cases of Covid 19. However, with the rise of cases nationwide, the risk of infection has increased and Insultech was notified of 5 new cases as of November 30. All are currently quarantining at home. 2 of these employees are asymptomatic and will be able to return to work following negative diagnostic tests. We are wishing for a rapid recovery for the other 3 employees, and have continued our safety protocols that were instituted back in March of 2020. These protocols are outlined below.
InsulTech’s Yuma plant manufactures essential products for a multitude of industries identified by the US Dept of Homeland Security as Essential Critical Infrastructure. Some of the industries we are proud to serve include:
- The US Defense Industrial Base
- Engine and Turbine Manufacturing
- Power Generation Equipment Manufacturing
- Vehicles, Locomotives and Commercial Ships Manufacturing
- Aerospace Products and Parts Manufacturing
InsulTech will continue to operate as an essential manufacturer following the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines including, physical distancing, respiratory etiquette, facial protection, and continuous cleaning of areas and surfaces in and around the facility.
InsulTech strongly urges all employees to not attend social gatherings and to use social distancing, safe practices and common sense while visiting public places outside of the workplace.
InsulTech has taken the following additional steps to safeguard the health of our employees:
- Daily no contact temperature scans prior to entry into the facility.
- Daily communication meetings to provide employees with the latest information from Yuma County Health Department and CDC.
- All employees are required to wear masks at all times at the facility.
- When supply of masks became a challenge, InsulTech manufactured reusable face coverings for all employees.
- Staggered breaks & lunches were implemented in March to increase social distancing.
- InsulTech has offered a full complement of PPE to all employees as part of normal operations for many years. This includes disposable gloves, disposable masks, disposable lab coats and coveralls, and safety glasses. This practice has continued throughout the Covid 19 pandemic.
- InsulTech has trained workers on how to properly put on, use/wear, take-off, and maintain protective clothing and equipment.
- Since March, InsulTech has provided disinfectants and disposable towels workers can use to clean work surfaces throughout the work day.
- InsulTech Yuma’s facilities are periodically cleaned by a professional service using a CDC recommended protocol to apply EPA registered List N virucides to all surfaces.
- InsulTech encourages workers to report any safety and health concerns to their direct supervisor. Workers stay at home if they are sick.
- Since March, all InsulTech Yuma employees over the age of 65 have been working from home.
InsulTech is proud to be a Yuma-based manufacturer. We care about the health, welfare and prosperity of our employees and the Yuma community as a whole. We will continue to following the guidance and recommendations of local, state and federal agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations.